Re-blog from Freeport press weekly:
Print has a slew of specific benefits. Here are 10 in particular:
- Allows you to differentiate your brand and reinforce what makes you unique through the design, visual approach, content strategy and tone and manner.
- Allows you to rise above the constant static of the Internet and the lure of ceaseless clickbait and truly stand out from the crowd.
- Print is seen as more credible than digital (Hubcast), and as a way to reinforce key brand attributes in a meaningful way.
- Allows you to provide product information and inspiration to multiple target segments.
- Print is tactile—the sensory experience of reading on print is significant and makes a stronger cognitive impression than digital (Hubcast).
- Allows for intimacy: 50% of consumers do no other activity while reading a magazine.
- Cost effective engagement: consumers spend an average of 25 minutes reading a custom magazine—that’s the equivalent of about 50 30-second television spots without distractions.
- Magazines have a longer life-span in the home and benefit from, conservatively, a 2.5 industry norm pass-along factor (Think Mint Media).
- Creative assets can be broken into snack size bites and leveraged across an array of other channels to help amortize the investment and reinforce core messages.
- Print is a vessel that can include multiple calls to action, promotions and offers—all “trackable”.